回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

發表於 2010-3-25 22:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Updated -

NAUSICAÄ OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND
(July 14, 2010 - MSRP 7,140円 - Aprx. $77.50 US)
Single-sided BD50
Video: MPEG-4 AVC 1080p
Audio: DTS HD Master Audio

Given the quality of their previous disc, Ponyo, and the bevy of special features they included on the Japanese edition we can fully expect this Blu-ray to be the best Nausicaä, the studio’s 1984 debut film, has ever looked - clean and bright in presentation, with a disc full of extras, both vintage and modern. Don’t be surprised to find English language subtitles either. And if we’re lucky, Disney might include their English language dub track in the package, starring the voices of mighty Enterprise and Galactica captains Patrick Stewart and Edward James Olmos!

There is, sadly, no word yet on any further North American releases of Ghibli films on Blu-ray.

UPDATE: GhibliWiki has a translation of producer Toshio Suzuki’s comments revealing why Nausicaä was chosen as the next Ghibli Blu-ray and how the studio has approached the restoration process:

“I watched Nausicaa. Re-encountering the film for the first time in 26 years. There was Miya-san nearby. When a preview room became dark, I was tense. Then Nausicaa began. We never watch a film after it’s completed. I don’t watch it. Because we cannot go to the next film. However, there were special circumstances this time.

It was the end of last year that the reqest for the next BD title was given by Disney. I thought about nothing, but I answered immediately, “How about Nausicaa?” Ghibli and Disney staff’s faces were frozen. They seemed to have planned for Laputa and they thought Nausicaa would be “The Last BD Title” without permission. Then another thought appeared on me with an answer. I want to do a restoration from a clean negative. It was longtime homework for me who was concerned with Nausicaa.

Led by Okui-san of the photography department, an argument began about how to make an original negative of “Nausicaa”. However, Okui-san was not involved with the production of Nausicaa directly. What is the standard of the original negative? We can guess, but we do not understand this important part. Digital technology can do anything. It is very easy to change a used thing into a new thing. Then a conclusion came about become Miya-san decided it. Miya-san participated in a meeting. Miya-san’s opinion was simple and clear.

Miya-san was watching the Disney Channel in a house well after work. It was broadcasting a show on digital processing, a “makeover” of old works. That is profanity. Miya-san always sent forth a negative opinion about digital processing. A past masterpiece becomes a work without dignity through digital processing. That is quite disrespectful for the person who made it. It is natural for it to seem that a film looks timeworn by aging. Who has the right that makes it a new thing in technology? This was an opinion of Miya-san.

This is Miya-san’s opinion. Basically, respect a original thing. We do not clean it than the original, remove the wound of the process of the print, keep the color mistakes, etc.

Okui-san took two months in deference to the opinion of Miya-san and worked hard for data faithfully. It was enough work to lose consciousness.

In this way the preview of March 1 came about.

There is already little staff who remember those days at Ghibli. I persuaded Miya-san who hated watching. When I went to the preview room 10 minutes early Miya-san was already there. In fact, I know that the preview was in the mind of Miya-san for a few days. Miya-san who waited for a re-encounter with Nausicaa was clearly excited.

The screening was over. We waited for an impression from Miya-san in a meeting room. At first Miya-san spoke an impression “looked timeworn”, and he said in this way. “Suzuki-san, technically, we have come very far and wide.”

The order from Miya-san was one thing: I want a little green to increase where necessary.

Okui-san came my room next day. He said “Miyazaki-san cried, didn’t he?” I answered in this way, “Nausicaa is not yet over.” Both I and Miya-san remember all of the events and every cut.”

Previously on The Blu-ray Blog: Miyazaki’s Nausicaä to be the next Ghibli Blu-ray release?

Via: www.asianblurayguide.com

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

發表於 2010-3-25 22:51 | 顯示全部樓層

主題

回帖

精華

黃金玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章76 精選榮譽會員勲章

發表於 2010-3-25 23:05 | 顯示全部樓層
畫質會唔會就係咁上下?
snapshot20100325225824.jpg
snapshot20100325225857.jpg

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章76 精選榮譽會員勲章76-FC 藍寶石勲章

發表於 2010-3-25 23:12 | 顯示全部樓層
畫質會唔會就係咁上下?
sutter 發表於 2010-3-25 23:05

對日版好有信心~

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

發表於 2010-3-26 00:26 | 顯示全部樓層
販売元: ウォルトディズニースタジオホームエンターテイメント 出
洲立好大機有中字行貨

主題

回帖

精華

專業玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

發表於 2010-3-26 00:29 | 顯示全部樓層
必買之作!!!!!

主題

回帖

精華

黃金玩家

學無前后,逹者為先.. 以前我成日 ...

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

發表於 2010-3-26 01:54 | 顯示全部樓層
BD粵語就正啦!BD粵語就正啦!
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 成為會員

本版積分規則  允許回帖郵件提醒樓主

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,Post76玩樂討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意 見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。Post76玩樂討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言 (刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知 ), 同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權 。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。權利。
快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表