回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-7 08:03 | 顯示全部樓層
台灣網友推算的VW500ES投影距離試算表 :

以zoom 2.06倍,預估鏡頭焦距 f=21.3mm~43.9mm ,因為SXRD或D-ILA現在投影機鏡頭都是21.3mm左右起跳的

下圖做出Sony VPL-VW500ES從80吋~200吋所需的最短及最長的投影距離,如果準買家在這距離範圍內保證OK!

post by t0884401, hdclubtw

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-13 23:09 | 顯示全部樓層
VPL-VW500ES uses a large aspheric plastic lens newly developed with advanced technologies in manufacturing and optical design, which realizes comparable 4K lens performance with a remarkable down sizing.

VPL-VW1000ES: 18 all-glass lens, length 246 mm, front lens width 89 mm, weight ??

VPL-VW500ES: 1 plastic lens + 13 glass lenses, length 199 mm, front lens width 86 mm, weight 0.88 kg

vs

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-14 09:30 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 r32 於 2013-9-14 09:45 編輯

Feature: IFA 2013 - First Look at Sony VPL-VW500 4K Ultra HD Projector

Sony were first out of the gates when it came to 4K, releasing their incredible VPL-VW1000ES 4K projector back in January 2012! We reviewed it in April of that year and were amazed that Sony had effectively crammed a professional 4K projector into a consumer package. There might not have been any 4K content at the time - there still isn’t much now - but Sony were clearly streets ahead of the competition, although all this innovation came with a hefty £17,000 price tag.

Now Sony have stolen the limelight again with last week's launch of the VPL-VW500ES at IFA, which offers the reality of 4K projection at a rather more accessible price of £8,500. The VW500 uses the same DCI specifications as the VW1000, which means it can deliver both the full cinema 4K resolution of 4096 x 2160, as well as the new Ultra HD resolution of 3840 x 2160. The image is created using three native 4K SXRD panels that leverage off the back of Sony’s 4K expertise from the professional digital cinema market and deliver a response rate of 2.5ms.

Unlike the VW1000, the new projector also has the latest HDMI 2.0 inputs to accommodate 4K content at up to 60Hz. This will allow for smoother motion and better temporal resolution with 4K content recorded at 50 or 60Hz. Existing owners of the VW1000 can have their projector upgraded to HDMI 2.0 but there will be an associated cost. If the standard for 4K ultimately moves to 100/120Hz then Sony believe they can just update the VW500‘s firmware in exactly the same way as they are currently doing with their X9 4K TVs. There's a USB port on the VW500 for just such an eventuality, as well as any other future firmware updates.

The VW500 also features Sony’s proprietary 4K upscaler called Reality Creation, which is designed to enhance high definition 1080p content, allowing viewers to enjoy 4K images with their existing Blu-ray Discs, even in 3D. Furthermore, the VW500 has an original 4K up-scaling algorithm designed for “Mastered in 4K” Blu-ray Discs from Sony Pictures Entertainment, which is supposed to enable a more accurate 4K native picture quality when upscaling. We remain somewhat skeptical of these claims but there was no denying that upscaled Blu-rays looked superb when we had a private demo of the VW500. Sony has also upgraded their Motionflow frame interpolation software, creating a 'combination' mode that uses both the Film Projection and Motion Enhancer features. However the purists amongst us will be glad to hear that there is also a 'True Cinema' mode that retains the look of 24fps film.

The VW500 also has a claimed contrast ratio of 200,000:1 which is higher than the VW1000, although this is achieved through a combination of Sony's 'Advanced Iris 3' dynamic iris and the same SXRD panel found on the VW1000 that has improved native contrast performance. There is an electronic panel alignment feature which allows the red and blue panels to be adjusted with respect to the green panel by as little as 0.1 pixels. The VW500’s optical engine and SXRD panels also incorporate Sony’s Triluminos display technology, allowing it deliver a wider colour space. The VW1000 always included Triluminos technology but Sony have only just started marketing that fact now that it has been given a brand name. The VW1000 actually has a wider colour space than the VW500 and can hit DCI specifications, which apparently the VW500 can’t.

That isn’t the only area where the VW1000 remains superior as the more expensive projector has 2,000 ANSI-lumen brightness compared to the VW500’s 1,700 ANSI-lumens, although that’s still very bright. The major difference between the two projectors is in terms of the lens and it’s here that Sony have shaved off some of the cost. The VW1000 has an 18 piece, all-glass lens assembly whilst the VW500 has a 1 plastic and 13 glass piece lens assembly. The result is not only a lower price but also a more compact chassis that’s 18cm shorter than the VW1000, and a significantly reduced amount of weight (14kg compared to 20kg). The VW500 achieves this compact chassis size through a combination of a short projection lens and a 'bending optical block'.

In other respects, the VW500 has a similar chassis construction to the VW1000, with a front facing fan and side facing inputs, so you don't have to worry about rear space when installing the projector. This means you can maximise the throw distance for a larger projected image. The VW500 has a throw ratio between 1.38:1 and 2.83:1, thanks to a 2.06 times motorised zoom lens. It also has a wider lens shift of up to 85% vertical and 31% horizontal, giving greater installation flexibility - even when the ceiling is very high. There is also a Picture Position Memory, which allows you to easily zoom and shift the image between a 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Unlike the VW1000, the cheaper projector includes a full colour management system which allows users to adjust the hue, saturation and brightness to obtain a calibrated picture. There is also an auto calibration feature, that uses a built-in colour sensor to store the original measurements and periodically adjust the settings as the bulb ages. Sony has also included a built-in RF transmitter for the active shutter 3D, which provides further installation flexibility with a strong wireless signal for wider coverage. There's also an optional wireless HDMI emitter/receiver kit for Full HD up to 60Hz, allowing you to wirelessly connect the VW500 to your various sources.

Well that's all the specifications covered, the real question is how did it look in action? In a word - breathtaking. We were treated to some beautifully shot 4K footage of Africa and, projected onto a very large screen, the benefits of 4K were clear to see. The image accuracy, the brightness, the blacks and the sheer amount of detail on display was just staggering. The demonstration was using the dynamic iris but there were no obvious shifts in brightness as it opened and closed, resulting in impressive dynamic range. We then watched the trailer for Elysium in 4K and, again, it looked incredible, although we did see some slight judder in the fast camera moves, which may have been caused by the server Sony was using.

When we moved on to upscaled Blu-rays the Reality Creation engine really came into its own, taking full advantage of the higher resolution panel to deliver images that you would almost believe were native 4K. Sony used the 'Mastered in 4K' copy of The Amazing Spider-man and whilst some of Sony's claims regarding these Blu-ray discs are slightly dubious, there's no denying it looked superb on the VW500. The images were bright, blacks looked deep, colours natural and there was a fantastic level of detail without any noticeable processing. Despite its relative brightness, the VW500 was also a very quiet projector and at no point during the demo were we aware of the projector's presence.

The VW500 certainly looked as impressive as the VW1000 did when we had that projector in for review last year and although both models will be available concurrently, we really can't see any reason to pay twice as much for the VW1000 when the VW500 looks this good. It's early days in the 4K projector wars but currently the only two available are both made by Sony, which effectively means the Japanese manufacturer has the market to themselves. There will undoubtedly be other 4K projectors launched in the coming months but with its combination of performance, features and price, Sony's VPL-VW500ES is going to be a tough act to follow.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/a ... a-hd-projector.html

按 : 作者可能攪錯了1000ES的對比度數值

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-25 16:04 | 顯示全部樓層

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-27 08:16 | 顯示全部樓層
4K小弟弟在美國型號是VW600ES, 其他地區是VW500ES.

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-27 08:24 | 顯示全部樓層
http://blog.sony.com/press/cedia-2013/

Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K Home Theater Projector

The VPL-VW600ES home theater projector, like the VW1100 and VW1000 models offers Full Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI)-based 4096 x 2160 resolution, delivering a cinematic 4K experience. The VPL-VW600ES projector boasts 1,700 ANSI-lumens of brightness and a 200,000:1 contrast ratio. The projector has rich color reproduction thanks to TRILUMINOS™ display, an enhanced optical engine design, and auto-calibration and manual color correction features to allow installers to adjust the hue, saturation and brightness to obtain and maintain a customized picture quality. Also, meeting the latest HDMI® standard, it supports 4K native resolution at 60 frames per second. Dramatically improving the viewers’ experience, the Reality Creation engine for 4K upscaling enhances both the “Mastered in 4K” Blu-ray Discs and high definition 1080p content including 3D video.

The VPL-VW600ES sports a compact, installation-friendly design, offering technology integrators and end-users more options for placement, especially in replacement situations. New features such as front-exhaust, a 2.06x powered zoom lens, and a wide lens shift range provide further installation flexibility and remarkable performance in nearly every screening room. For 3D viewing, the VW600 includes a built in RF transmitter which conforms to the “Full HD 3D Initiative” industry standard and uses the same glasses as Sony’s 3D Bravia televisions. Available in November for $14,999.99, this projector is optimized to work with Video Unlimited 4K, which is only available in the US. It may also be purchased as a package that includes a Sony FMP-X1 4K Ultra HD Media Player and a Sony Xperia Z Tablet for $15,999.99.

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-9-28 23:22 | 顯示全部樓層
奇怪的比較.........
假如屬實則引證了HDMI 2.0不一定需要昇格接線的原因........
Panasonic UHDTV對各種不同UHD有最佳兼容性?
或許VW500ES會再有終極一up??

主題

回帖

精華

星級玩家

積分

76 榮譽VIP勲章

樓主| 發表於 2013-10-2 18:17 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 r32 於 2013-10-2 18:29 編輯

http://www.projectorreviews.com/ ... dia-2013/#more-2170

October 1st, 2013 Art Feierman

Greetings projector fans, it’s time to talk about the two new Sony projectors.  This blog will cover the more “affordable” Sony VPL-VW600ES, priced at a mere $14999.

The VPL-VW600ES is also available bundled with Sony’s round 4K server and a Sony tablet for an additional $1000!

Before I discuss the VW600ES in more depth, I’ll just briefly mention that the other new 4K projector is the VPL-VW1100Es which replaces the VW1000ES.   That one is $27,999 and an extra $1000 for the 4K server and tablet, if desired.

Let me start by saying that  I had one of the pre-production VW600ES projectors here (in my home) to play with for about 6 hours, a couple weeks before the show, but coudn’t say a word, due to the usual non-disclosure agreements.

If you are one of the lucky, that can seriously consider a $15,000 projector, the Sony VPL-VW600ES is dazzling.

The primary differences between the VW600ES and it’s more expensive sibling lie in two areas:  The optics are, per Sony, superior on the more expensive Sony, and the black levels are better.   If you recall, I had said about the VW1000ES that it had the best dynamic iris enhanced black levels I have encountered.  The VW600ES isn’t that good, but my take from playing with it, is that the projector’s blacks are superior to the Sony VW50ES and comparable or better than the VW95ES or Epson Home Cinema 5020UB/Pro Cinema 6020UB projectors.

That is to say, not the best black levels in the world but pretty impressive none-the-less, and as good as pretty much anything except JVC’s higher end 2K projectors (I still won’t consider their 4K e-Shift to be true 4K).  So that’s pretty spectacular blacks.

Unlike a review, the VPL-VW600ES came to me all configured, calibrated, etc.  And again, it was an engineering sample – definitely pre-production, so the settings likely would be different from what we get when we get one in for review and Mike calibrates it.

Whether at CEDIA or in my theater, the Sony’s skin tones looked really great, and that’s one of the most important things to consider.  At both CEDIA, and in my theater I got to see true 4K content, as well as upscaled 2K (1080p) content.

As with the older VW1000ES 4K content was truly astonishing.  Upscaling of course can be impressive, but it’s true 4K that blows me away.  There was a whole lot of footage from Carnival in Rio.  Mind boggling comes to mind.

The VW600ES has lens memory, so if 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 Cinemascope / anamorphic shaped screens are where you want to be, no problem.  This Sony allows multiple lens memory positions to be saved so that you can go back between true “wide-screen” and HDTV content effortlessly from the remote control.

I’ll run through a few features now, but the picture is really the main thing.  I just love the idea of having a very sharp image (with true 4K content, while sitting only 7-8 feet from my 124″ diagonal screen.   I live for the immersion – especially if the content is 3D.

Speaking of 3D, which I got to view at my house, nothing to complain about there.  There’s a healthy number of lumens under the hood (rated 1700 lumens), to do a respectable job on my sized screen!  Note that the VW600ES also does 2D to 3D conversion on the fly!

One feature which really caught my attention, but no way to “demo” it, is Sony’s built in “auto calibration”.  Sony says it knows what output to the screen looks like, so that if things change (such as adding light colored furniture) might affect the picture, it remembers and adjusts.  Does that work for aging lamps?  I would hope so, but never got to ask, or at least not get a precise answer.  I’ll let you know.

Sony is sticking with a motorized 1.6:1 zoom lens (although a less expensive lens than the one on the VW1100ES or VW1000ES). There’s tons of vertical and horizontal lens shift…I think only the Epson projectors offer slightly more.  No matter – there’s still tons of lens shift, or for those of you in some other parts of the world… Tonnes.

Is Sony’s VPL-VW600ES worth $15K?   You all know the drill, it’s time vs. money.   10 years ago most 720p projectors sold for at least $4000.   Today, Optoma has half a dozen under $600.   So, sure, if you are in no hurry, or the money is tight, wait.  Certainly in 3 years there will be 4K projectors for well under $5000, or at least one would expect…  (The world seems to think 8K will be the standard by 2020, in fact, in one discussion I had at the show, it was suggested that Broadcast TV (and maybe satellite/cable) will skip true 4K and go right to 8K content, but out 6-7 years.  The technology will be there by then, in terms of downloading speeds, storage…

But if you have the money, from what little I’ve seen, there’s nothing I’d rather have that costs less.  Ok, those higher end JVC projectors at $8,000 and $12,000 will easily beat this Sony at black levels, but I’d certainly rather give up the difference in black levels (since the Sony’s damn good at them anyway) in exchange for 4K.  I have no doubts, I’d definitely spring the extra for the Sony were I able.

I don’t recall seeing 3D being demo’d on the Sony at the show, but I definitely did get a good look at 3D at my house, weeks ago.  Got to watch a chunk of Ultimate Wave Tahiti.  Think good 3D looks great now?  Can’t wait until I’m watching 3D in true 4K.

Enough gushing already.   I really have only one complaint about the VPL-VW600ES, and that is the price.  I’m not saying that it’s not a fair price, but I sure wish they had achieved $9999, as that probably would find a whole lot more folks in the world watching this projector.

I can’t wait to get this one in to review.  Good luck to Sony prying this one out of my hands.  Nothing short of nukes, or a VW1100ES is likely to convince me to return this one when it arrives in a month or so for review.

Awesome!  -art
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 成為會員

本版積分規則  允許回帖郵件提醒樓主

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,Post76玩樂討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意 見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。Post76玩樂討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言 (刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知 ), 同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權 。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。權利。
快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表