lukalok 發表於 2009-9-8 18:43

[轉貼] AKIRA Movie Update

Exclusive AKIRA Movie Update
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintrau

Early last year, Variety reported Warner Bros. was hard at work trying to adapt the ridiculously popular anime “Akira” into two live-action feature films. Rumors were everywhere that Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon Levitt were going to star in the picture and it seemed like any moment we were going to read about production commencing.

It’s now September 2009 and…nothing. The “Akira” movie’s gone quiet and when that happens, it usually means a project is troubled or it’s in development hell. But thanks to a trusted source, I’ve got an update that should make fans anxious to see a big-screen “Akira” happy. You don’t need to expand you psychic field to find out what I know. Just hit the jump.

According to my source, screenwriters Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, guys whose work I like, are about to turn in their version of an “Akira” movie and the reason why the project has been so quiet is they’ve been hard at work trying to get the script right.

For those that aren’t familiar with their work, they wrote the amazing adaptation of “Children of Men” and they’re also credited with “Iron Man” (although a lot of that movie was written on the set). But my point still stands that I like their work and I’m happy they’re taking a crack at it.

Also, while I couldn’t get a lot of info about what changes are being made from the anime to make the feature film work, I did confirm the story is still set in post-apocalyptic Manhattan in the near future. I also confirmed the famous motorcycle is definitely a part of the film, but that bit of info shouldn’t surprise anyone.

From what I could gather, the movie is still a priority for the studio, and if the script meets with approval from key people, the movie could go into production in 2010 with a release date in 2011. Also, this isn’t going to be some mid-range budget movie. If the film goes into production, it’s going to be one of those BIG event movies.

Of course, everything I just wrote is based on a lot of factors, but that’s where the project currently stands. Anyone hoping for an “Akira” live-action movie should cross their fingers that Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby’s screenplay is great and everyone involved gets excited. I’ll have more on this story as I hear it.
http://www.collider.com/2009/09/07/exclusive-akira-movie-update/

schizero 發表於 2009-9-8 19:51

wish it is not another rubbish like 'Dragonball The Movie'. {:1_336:}

alaychan 發表於 2009-9-8 20:37

schizero 發表於 2009-9-8 19:51 http://www.post76.com/discuss/images/common/back.gif

If you "old cake" enough, you will know what movie is this {:6_210:}

rikioh 發表於 2009-9-9 09:36

schizero 發表於 2009-9-8 19:51 http://www.post76.com/discuss/images/common/back.gif

well, don't hold your breath...
even if it does happen, i suspect, like you said, it'd be another Dragonball fiasco {:1_343:}

lukalok 發表於 2010-2-11 23:20

'Book Of Eli' Directors In Negotiations For 'Akira' Movie

http://www.kino-govno.com/img/25275_big.jpg

"Book of Eli" directors Albert and Allen Hughes are picking up a different book for their next movie collaboration — none other than "Akira," the adaptation of the popular manga series.

According to New York Magazine, Warner Bros. is currently negotiating a deal with the Hughes brothers to direct the live-action adaptation of "Akira," which comes from a script by "Iron Man" writers Mark Fergus and Hawk Otsby. Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way is producing.

"Akira," written and illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo, takes place in the post-apocalyptic city of Neo-Tokyo and focuses on a biker gang led by the charismatic Kaneda. His best friend is Tetsuo, a man that develops psychic abilities and rapidly loses hold of his sanity. As Tetsuo's powers grow deadlier and deadlier, Kaneda is forced to face the reality that he must put a stop to his closest friend, even if that means killing him.

The story was already adapted as a 1988 anime, though that version of the story shaved off a significant amount of the manga's events. It's not hard to understand why — it's a 2,182 page series, after all, making a straight adaptation impossible to fit into a two hour runtime.

The WB has apparently embraced this notion, as the report claims "Akira" will be split into two parts. The first three of six volumes will comprise the first film, due out in theaters next year.

Casting information is currently unavailable, though DiCaprio has said that he won't star in the film. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been linked to the role of Tetsuo, though his involvement is far from a certainty.

lukalok 發表於 2011-7-15 12:54

華納欽點無名殺機導演執導阿基拉真人版。

Warner Bros. taps 'Unknown' director for 'Akira'

Warner Bros. is moving ahead with its remake of "Akira" in a fiscally sensible way, tapping reliable Spanish helmer Jaume Collet-Serra ("Orphan," "Unknown") to direct a live-action version of the anime cult hit at a lower revised budget of $90 million.
WB acquired the potential tentpole project for a seven-figure sum from Japanese manga publisher Kodansha in 2008. Ruairi Robinson and Albert Hughes were previously attached to direct the adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo's graphic novel, but Hughes exited amicably in May over creative differences.

Gary Whitta was the first writer attached, while Albert Torres and the team of Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby also contributed drafts. Steve Kloves, WB's go-to scribe for its lucrative "Harry Potter" franchise, most recently polished Torres' draft.

Set in New Manhattan, the cyberpunk sci-fi epic follows the leader of a biker gang who must save his friend, discovered with potentially destructive psychokinetic abilities, from government medical experimentats.

Appian Way's Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing with Mad Chance's Andrew Lazar. Otomo, who wrote and directed the 1988 Japanese anime pic of the same name, will exec produce "Akira."

Collet-Serra has earned a reputation for delivering pics on time and on budget, and his box office performance has been rising with each effort: His feature directorial debut "House of Wax" took in $68 million worldwide in 2005, while 2009's "Orphan" grossed more than $76 million worldwide. Earlier this year, Liam Neeson starrer "Unknown" opened in the top spot and has grossed more than $130 million worldwide on a reported production budget of $30 million.

Helmer is also attached to direct WB's vampire pic "Harker," another Appian Way production.

Collet-Serra is repped by CAA and Circle of Confusion.

qqsnk 發表於 2011-7-15 12:58

老外拍親動畫/電玩真人版多數出事.....{:6_202:}

mrlittlejacky 發表於 2011-7-15 15:09

戲唔得都唔緊,最重要係有玩具買,HAHA

doubt 發表於 2011-7-16 03:03

本來已經唔多睇好,依家仲要由大片cut budget downgrade到9千萬成本中型製作.......

lukalok 發表於 2012-1-6 12:08

Live Action Akira Put on Hold

t's been a rough road for Warner Bros.' live-action adaptation of Akira, but the project seemed to be moving steadily forward after receiving the green light from the studio last October. Today, however, The Hollywood Reporter has word that pre-production has been halted so that the film's budget can be reworked, bringing the current $90 million pricetag down by at least $20 million if the project is to move forward.

Famously adapted as an anime in 1988, Akira is based on the original manga by Katsuhiro Otomo, depicting a sci-fi cyberpunk dystopia. The new version is said to relocate the action to "New Manhattan" rather than "Neo-Tokyo."

To be directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, the live-action adaptation features a script from Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby, Gary Whitta and Steve Kloves. Though Garrett Hedlund is the only attached actor, Helena Bonham Carter, Kristen Stewart and Ken Wattanabe are all said to be up for parts as well.

Collet-Serra will work with the producers to try and drive down costs as the script is finalized over the next two weeks, but if that doesn't happen to the studio's satisfaction, the project could be off the table entirely.

Read more: Live Action Akira Put on Hold - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85676#ixzz1ieEARcS9
頁: [1] 2
查看完整版本: [轉貼] AKIRA Movie Update

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,Post76玩樂討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意 見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。Post76玩樂討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言 (刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知 ), 同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權 。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。權利。