dominickwok 發表於 2012-2-9 17:07

Eye-One Pro (i1Pro) Spectroradiometer vs. Spyder3 Colorimeter

Eventually, I got this (i1Pro) from eBay:

It has been a long time that I suspect the measurement accuracy of my Spyder3 colorimeter (esp. for calibrating the grayscale and color gamut).It is in fact fairly accurate, at least to my eyes when viewing the calibrated image; but still seems to be missing something.

Eventually, I got the more accurate spectroradiometer (i1Pro) to verify my Spyder3.I have tested it on my old Samsung LCD TV (I think it’s 4-5 years old).As expected, my Spyder3 is measuring blue too high (or maybe measuring red and green too low) – thus causing me to reduce blue too much, so in effect the “real” color temperature of the image is < 6500K.This causes error in grayscale / white point target of D65.

For the color gamut:

CIE chart measured by Spyder3:

CIE chart measured by i1Pro:

So, again, in fact my Samsung does not have under-saturated gamut (as reported by Spyder3).Actually it covers the entire REC.709 color gamut quite well; but ...... a further measurement of various saturation levels (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) of all the six primary and secondary colors (RGBCMY) reveals a problematic color gamut of my Samsung – colored dots (the measured values) do not align with the white squares (the reference values):

However, I can’t do anything about it as this old Samsung model does not have a CMS (Color Management System) for me to adjust the color gamut.Anyway, the image quality is much better now, with the main improvement perceived in skin tone (e.g. less red, more natural looking).The Samsung was calibrated using Magic TV MTV3500 as the source (with calibration patterns loaded into it as .m2ts files).

My next step would be using it to re-calibrate my AE4000 projector, which has a nice set of calibration controls for me to play with.

Need to find time to do it ...... can’t wait ......

Netmans 發表於 2012-2-9 17:27

本帖最後由 Netmans 於 2012-2-9 18:59 編輯

Eventually, I got this (i1Pro) from eBay:

It has been a long time that I suspect the measurement...
dominickwok 發表於 2012-2-9 17:07 http://www.post76.com/discuss/images/common/back.gif

NEW TOYS {:6_158:}

Too Many Different

dominickwok 發表於 2012-2-15 22:15

本帖最後由 dominickwok 於 2012-2-15 22:17 編輯

回復 1# dominickwok

OK.Eventually get it done with my AE4000 projector.

Using my Spyder3 to calibrate the grayscale resulted in a color temperature being ~500K lower than usual (i.e. “measure” as 6500K but in fact it is ~6000K).

For the color gamut:

CIE chart “calibrated” by Spyder3 but measured by i1Pro:

CIE chart calibrated by i1Pro:

With the built-in CMS (Color Management System) of AE4000, the color gamut can be adjusted to be almost perfect for colors at or below 75% (with ignoring the inaccuracies near 100% saturation levels):

Gamma flat at 2.22:

Now the projected image from the blu-ray player and MTV3500 (separate calibrations for each of these sources) is much better than before – just ARAIG (“As Real As It Gets”).

dominickwok 發表於 2012-2-25 16:43

回復 3# dominickwok

As a follow-up from my last post, eventually I took some screenshots from my AE4000 after it was calibrated using my i1Pro:

高清翡翠台 – “新聞報道”:
(when compared to Spyder3 calibration, a little red push on the skin tone is now removed)

高清翡翠台 – “善德女王”:
(everything including skin tone looks natural and have the feel of reality)

(depth and shadow details is great – as a result of flat gamma 2.2 in the lower end – 10-50 IRE range)

高清翡翠台 – “和味蘇”:

"鐵甲鋼拳 Real Steel” Blu-ray:

(a strong feel of “steel”)

Trailer of “復仇者聯盟 The Avengers” as recorded in the “Real Steel” Blu-ray:
(quality of this preview track is only so-so)

頁: [1]
查看完整版本: Eye-One Pro (i1Pro) Spectroradiometer vs. Spyder3 Colorimeter

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,Post76玩樂討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意 見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。Post76玩樂討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言 (刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知 ), 同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權 。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。權利。